Sunday, November 1, 2009

A little surreal!


It's been a busy few days. Loads of family & friend visits (due to a family memorial) and than today biked my first marathon (well almost). John rode as well, so we started off the day on November 1st riding along the path in Burlington. It was amazing. I can honestly say two years ago, I would have told you I would never have done this.

Than we head off along the marathon course, cheering and encouraging people along the way. It was a very weird feeling riding along a major Hamilton highway which has absolutely no traffic and closed to traffic. I rode with a friend (who's husband unfortunately couldn't ride due to illness), John joined us in the last few kilometers which was perfect from a motivational aspect. It was a perfect running day, downhill and cool however as a rider my feet and hands went numb. In saying this, it was very inspirational and made me rethink the challenge of completing a marathon one day......we'll see.

Attached is a photo of my shadow riding :)

1 comment: